If your car hasn't been its usual self lately, you should waste no time in taking it to a qualified and professional technician. The sooner you can get the repairs in order, the better and less costly it will prove to be especially if it saves the components and the cars condition from worsening. Here are the top indicators that are telling you that your Toyota Camry needs a tune up.
1. The car's filter can be the cause of the car losing power. A dirty filter is directly linked to poor gas mileage.
2. You should get your car to a reliable mechanic if it becomes difficult to start your car. If you hear the engine cranking up then the problem should lie in the starting sensor. Remember, you can't just pop the hood to see if everything is in place, almost all the times the problem is with the ignition system so you need a technician to fix it.
3. It is recommended that you keep the car mileage you have in check. Once you check the miles driven divided by the gallons, you can tell whether or not the engine is losing its efficiency. Once this happens, your car could need several things in a tune up. It could be the misaligned wheels, transmission malfunction, cold engine, underinflated tires etc.
4. When the car engine is under a lot of load, you can hear a knocking sound. It is the same one that you hear when you are riding your car uphill. The culprit could be anything, it could be that the tank is filled with inferior gas or that engine is accumulating carbon.
5. If your car is stalling, you need a professional to have a look at it. Stalling is caused by the incorrect idle speed adjustment, sensor malfunction, or simply dirty fuel system components.
6. Check for exhaust odor. The odor can be due to the car's emissions system facing problems or a sure sign that the car's catalytic converter is damaged.
7. An engine that runs rough is yet another sign that your car is way over due for a tune up. In this case, the damage is caused in two places, i.e. the ignition or fuel system, which is suffering from a bad piston or valve.
We hope that the information presented in this blog was useful to you in terms of car maintenance. If you are in the market for a car, check out Washington Automall for the best new and used cars in town.
Washington Toyota specializes in new and used Toyota cars, trucks, hybrids and SUVs. Search for a Toyota 4Runner, Avalon, Camry, Corolla, FJ Cruiser, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Matrix, Prius, RAV4, Sequoia, Sienna, Tacoma, Tundra, Venza, Yaris, and more. Located in Washington, PA. Serving Greater Pittsburgh, Canonsburg, Charleroi, McMurray and Waynesburg, Pennsylvania; and Morgantown and Wheeling, West Virginia.
This entry was posted in South Hills Toyota and tagged Washington Toyota, PA Toyota Camry, PA Used Camry, PA Used Toyota, PA Used Toyota Camry, Toyota Camry, Used Camry, Used Toyota, Used Toyota Camry, Washington Toyota Camry, Washington Used Camry, Washington Used Toyota, Washington Used Toyota Camry on 07/20/2014 at 6:00 PM